Sunday, January 10, 2010

8lbs. In 14 days

As I told you in my last blog, I was going to try to start living healthier.  Well that started Dec.27th and Jan. 1st. I started changing my eatting habits on the first date and quit smoking on the 1st of the year.  I am proud to say I have been clean of cigarettes for the last week and am feeling great.  My cough that used to drive me crazy is no more.  My taste buds are finally coming back.  My habits of grabbing for a cigarette is no longer an issue.

As for my dieting and changing my life to be healthier, well I am now 8 pounds lighter and moving forward every day to change one thing I didn't like last year.  I now have a variety of fruits and veggies I am consuming and you couldn't get me to do that ever.  I am working out 3 times a week for 30 minutes a day and I even have got the kids moving more.  They are enjoying the new mommy and love that I am getting healthier for them and for myself.

My hubby thinks I am going through some sort of midlife crisis at the age of 37 and I told him maybe I am.  I lived this way for so long that I didn't think twice about it.  Before I started I sat around constantly and ate everything in sight.  Now I am exercising and have more energy to do things my kids want me to do.  All in two weeks time I have managed to change how my life will be from now on.  I am not gasping for air as much when I walk up the stairs. That used to scare me.  Now I still can not do some simple things but trust me I will get there and I will succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment