Friday, January 1, 2010

A Brand New Year

I have been trying my hardest to write this blog but life and all that comes with it seems to get in my way. I am not complaining at all as without my family and my life there would be nothing to write. I try to sit down at my desk and compose this blog but the words just would not come.

I have decided to make this blog about the last year and all that I managed to accomplish. Its a short list as I really only accomplished one major thing this year. To become a mom in the real sense of the word. I have taken on schooling my kids. To me that was not an easy thing to do. I had to reorganize my oldest daughters room into a classroom after telling her she would be sharing a room with her sister. After setting up all things I managed to get schooling and it has been a blast for all of us.

My girls love that mom is the learning coach. They love that they get to use computers to do the school work instead of being lectured by a teacher and sitting at a desk all day. We turn most things into games or work it into a task in our every day life. Learning math through recipes and cooking. Learning history from trips to museums and web tours. Learning science with basic household items. Taking walks or doing something active for PE.

So that was my one accomplishment for the year. Now on to a brand new year and the major thing I want to do is lose weight and get healthy for my girls so that I can be that fun mom again. I will be starting my Journey today and you all will get to follow me on my path to getting my life back on track. So here is to a brand new me in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment